After 3 to 5 years of use you may need to replace the internal battery. The Duracell PowerSource makes it easy to replace the internal battery however this task must be performed by someone experienced with car or other lead acid batteries.
- Do Replace with a Duracell 55Ah SLA/AGM replacement battery with T6 terminals, 9 in. x 5.4 in. x 8 in.
- Do NOT Replace: with any other battery chemistries like Lithium
- Tools Needed: Screw driver, bits, electrically safe ratchet, tape
- Remove the 6 top screws and lift the top cover.
- The wattmeter will only begin to show power consumption once the power draw is above 50W.
- Unscrew one terminal at a time using a ratchet tool with a 10mm socket, then tuck the cables away to avoid any shock hazard. Cover the battery terminal with blue painters tape for safety as the terminals are always live.
- Next, using a ratchet with a 13mm socket, remove the battery brace.
- Remove the battery, cautions as it will be heavy.
- Now you are ready to place your new battery into the PowerSource, please double check you are using a compatible battery type. Reattach the battery brace, then reattach the battery cables onto your new battery.