Want to double and triple the capacity on your PowerSource? In this video we'll show you how to daisy chain external batteries to increase the capacity in an easy, safe and affordable way.
What you need:
- Duracell PowerSource
- SLA/AGM battery, we are using a Duracell 100Ah battery (NO lithium batteries)
- Connecting wires, we recommend 4 ft wires with a 6 gauge (min) cable. OR 6 ft wires with a 4 gauge (min) cable.
- Connection bolts and tools
How to Daisy Chain an External Battery:
- We attached a 0 gauge cable with a 10mm terminal carefully by connecting the positive to positive first (red cable), then negative to negative (black cable). IMPORTANT: A reverse connection will blow the internal safety fuse.
- Once connected, the AC and solar charger can charge both batteries. The battery status display on the LCD screen will show the combined voltage from both batteries.
Here are some additional tips to help you get the best results:
- The internal safety fuse is user replaceable, you can purchase a replacement 200 Amp ANL fuse.
- When daisy chaining you will need cables with 10mm/ or 3/8 inch ring terminals.
- You can only daisy chain additional SLA/AGM batteries, DO NOT attempt this with Lithium batteries.